Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A month or so ago I purchased an AX36 vivexotic dirt cheap and have been painstakingly customising it ever since. I'm almost done now, save for final touches and potting plants. I'll be installing an Arcadia 24w T5 Slimline for use with a 12% UVB D3+ (viv is 1.2m tall)

My question to you is, what shall I use for heat? I was originally just going to use a bog standard ceramic on a pulse timer, but then I read that halogen lamps are efficient and give out a lot of visible light, would this help the plants grow? And what can I expect lifespan wise between a ceramic and halogen lamp? Efficiency isn't my highest priority but it's always nice to get the same results with less electricity / buying new bulbs! The ceramic bulb would be 60W and halogen 50W respectively (I don't need a great deal of heat, just enough to create a nice gradient)

Thanks a lot : victory:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Anyone? Missus is getting impatient to move into her new accommodation, she's giving me death stares and writing messages in her Repashy :gasp:
I use Halogen lamps in my crestie Viv i have a dual canopy exo terra that has the fitting built in. Great for warming the Viv up not sure what they can offer plant wise though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I'll go and order a halogen in that case : victory: Humidity is a real issue right now even without the lights. I've got the plants in the back room with the radiator off, trying to keep them alive until I can plant them (trying :( ) But they go through water so fast! It seems like the rain never stopped pouring... Until I bought tropical plants *sigh*

Thanks again :no1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.