Reptile Forums banner

Ceramic Setup for a Royal

597 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  j2323 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just after some advice on what people think is the best ceramic setup for a royal?

I currently have one of the DIY ceramic holders from ebay with a custom guard, PP stat and 150w ceramic (changing for a 100w).
This holder is on its last legs so I'm looking to replace.

What does everyone else use?

I like the look of the Lucky Reptile Thermosocket as it fastens through the viv roof and secures with a locknut. I understand that LR make a guard that will fit around the Thermosocket + reflector - is a reflector necessary with a ceramic??

Can anyone suggest a suitable holder and guard that gives a good gap around the heater element?

Cheers!

#2 ·
You do not need a reflector for a ceramic. You can get all in one ceramic fitting that have a ceramic holder inside a guard. All youve got to do it fix it to the Viv and put the ceramic lamp into it. This would be your best bet but they are a bit pricey. Don't use the stupid little ceramic lamp holders that you see all over eBay. I personally think they are junk and dangerous because if you look at the back of it the terminals are completely exposed. Get a fitting where the terminal are enclosed by a cover. If you look at some pics you will see what I mean.

#4 ·
I know exactly what you mean - I don't like the ones we currently use and I'm going to change them all when our reps go into their new vivs.

I've got a komodo ceramic holder which is totally encased like you mention which I could use with one of the universal brackets livefoodsbypost sell.
I don't suppose you have a link to any of the fittings which are an all in one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.