Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Can I get some opinions on my mossy's cloudy eye please.

At first I thought it was stuck shed as its on the outside of the eye (not underneath) but I can't seem to get it off and now I'm not so sure. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

He seems to retract the eye right in if I touch it though he can push it back out to normal again

• He's about 10 months old (actually, he could be a she, the jury is still out on whether he has plums or not)
  • In an exo 30x30x45, upgrading soon
  • Has UV (Arcadia D3 7%)
  • At the moment has temps between 18 at night to 25ish during the day
  • Humidity fluctuates as normal (50 - 80ish with a spray)
  • He's still eating like a tank and pooping as normal, general behaviour hasn't changed

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm guessing by the lack of replies that no-one can work this one out?

SO, just an FYI for anyone that spots a similar thing on their geckos, the vet said that it's possible that its a burn or a cyst from sleeping too close to his UV (which he does, right underneath it).

He's given me a weeks worth of antibiotics which should hopefully clear it up and with another shed, he should be back to normal. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: PigeonYouDead

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My velvet gecko had a similar cloudy eye. But he was wild caught (I was an idiot and asked after I bought him). might be a cataract. It never seemed to bother mine much.
Yeah he seems fine, he still hunts his bugs and behaves normally so I'm not overly worried about his health. Only that if it is a burn, it could scar and cause him problems. But I'll see what the eye drops do. Hopefully it wont be an issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts