Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a few of these.

are they easy to look after, what kind of setup, heat, size etc?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
ohh me too lol

i think all beetles are pretty much really easy to care for

for substrate a mix of coir and rotten oak leaves would be perfect and pretty deep

if your planning on keeping an adult pair i really dont think they would need much space maybe an exo terra of 30x30x30 CM would be alrite

im not sure about heat ect. i dont think a light is essential though
im no expert but thats what i think i know:lol2:

good luck!
:grin1:

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
im thinking of getting a few of these.

are they easy to look after, what kind of setup, heat, size etc?

Okay mate, here's what to do.

No need for heat.

However, here is a MUST.

Place a piece of banana in there, skin and all, and it will feed off that.

It's the sugar in it, ya see.

Don't put two males in together.

Steve

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanks both, can a male and female live together all year round without any probs?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
cool, thanks both, can a male and female live together all year round without any probs?
Are we still talking beetles here, or people?

If it's the former, then yes, if the latter, then initially, the girl will love the man, then tire of his habits, meanwhile he will tire of her, as she puts on extra weight...

:)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are we still talking beetles here, or people?

If it's the former, then yes, if the latter, then initially, the girl will love the man, then tire of his habits, meanwhile he will tire of her, as she puts on extra weight...

:)
are we still talking about beetles lol! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks 4 the advice, do they like to burrow then? and can the male hurt you with his three horns? not that it would put me off its just nice 2 know lol!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
lmao!! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

What's that you are drinking in the pic?

I hope that it is not alchohol, as apparently you are not old enough?

That's what we, the prols here, really want to know.

Never mind freaking beetles, we want to know if you are like, a criminal..

:lol2:

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
thanks 4 the advice, do they like to burrow then? and can the male hurt you with his three horns? not that it would put me off its just nice 2 know lol!
My is dead now, it lived for about eight months or so.

However, I picked it up a few times, it is not at all aggressive, however, what they can do is cling on to you real tight, and it can be hard to prise them off your fingers again.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
do large beetles have really short life spans? on that Alan Titchmarsh (sp) program he said that our native stag beetles only live a few weeks

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
do large beetles have really short life spans? on that Alan Titchmarsh (sp) program he said that our native stag beetles only live a few weeks
It is true that they spend most of their life as the grub stage, and only a small % of it as the beetle, yes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you are rite most of you(some are random)

guys i am expert at this, those beetles need a lot of space during reproduction season, and after the reproduced put the femmale in a separate terrarrium and all the rest is good I LOVE BUGS!!! i got 20 in my box that are 120mm =) :no1:(good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts