Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know any reputable breeders of Chamaeleo rudis (Ruwenzori Side Striped Chameleon)? I had been after a pair of Chamaeleo hoehnelii but they seem quite hard to find. Ruwenzoris seem to have very similar requirements but I have no idea if they're any easier to come by! Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
There even harder to come by than Chamaeleo hoehnelii. I have a pregnant femle Chamaeleo ellioti which i believe are very similar to rudus.
there is a member on here called "iwantone" who breeds Chamaeleo hoehnelii. Would be worth sending her a message.
These are all montane species and require similar care. Jackson chameleons are the most common montane species.

Hi, does anyone know any reputable breeders of Chamaeleo rudis (Ruwenzori Side Striped Chameleon)? I had been after a pair of Chamaeleo hoehnelii but they seem quite hard to find. Ruwenzoris seem to have very similar requirements but I have no idea if they're any easier to come by! Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've just looked up Elliots Chameleon, they look great! Can't find much info on keeping them though, are they happy kept in small groups or pairs? The set up won't be a problem as I know what I'm doing on that side of things.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
You best get over to hamm then! Tbh I wouldn't keep any of them in pairs without prior experience with the species. It can be done but you need the know the animals inside out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I would ideally like a species which can be housed together, I have a large vivarium which is planted up so am after more than one animal. I have experience of keeping other species of chameleon so I'm quite confident I'd spot any signs of stress. Do you know where I might be able to find a pair?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
How big is the Viv you have planted?
Most people say not to keep any type of chameleon together but if the space is large enough and you are prepered to seperate them if need be, then it can be done.
i have heard of people keeping ellioti together but I have not tried it. I keep 1 male 3 female kinyongia boehmei together with no problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4ft tall, 2ft wide, 2ft deep, lots of branches and plants. What requirements do the kinyongia boehmei have in terms of climate?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
4ft tall, 2ft wide, 2ft deep, lots of branches and plants. What requirements do the kinyongia boehmei have in terms of climate?
Boehmei's are a montane species aswell so lower temps higher humidity

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.