Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have two ambalobe female chameleons, one is eating fine and grown to a lovely size and succesfully bred. the second i am having alot of problems getting her to eat, i have tried locusts, crickets and meal worm and she just seems to kill them and spit them out. i have got lots of babies around and she is showing gravid colours despite not being gravid. any advice please.
thanks, mia

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Is she being housed on her own?

Have you tried wax worms?

She may indeed be gravid, depends on her age. She may be carrying infertile eggs and you'll need to give her a laying box.

Are the coulour "gravid" or "stress"?

what kind of setup is she in?

Mason

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is being housed the same as all my other chameleons. 2.5ft w x 2.5 d x 3ft h. viv. Wire screen front. Basking light with a uvb bulb and sprayed three times daily,i've tried her with a laying box as well for a couple of weeks but nothing, i couldn't feel any eggs either.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks , mia

·
Registered
38 Posts
She is being housed the same as all my other chameleons. 2.5ft w x 2.5 d x 3ft h. viv. Wire screen front. Basking light with a uvb bulb and sprayed three times daily,i've tried her with a laying box as well for a couple of weeks but nothing, i couldn't feel any eggs either.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks , mia

If she is being housed the same as the other then my next thoughts would be to looking at what traffic is going by her that does not go buy the others enclosure which may be stressing her out.
AJ:lol2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.