Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,can anybody tell me what supplements are available to give my chameleon a much needed boost,as she recently laid a lot of eggs & understandardely is very lethargic refusing food which is not like her & i know how much laying takes out of females.So any suggestions please.I'm gonna try loading her with waxies if she will take them for now thanks

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
she really needs to have been given a good dose of calcium whilst gravid.now that she has laid she will need re hydrating so give her a drink,and try get yourself some liquid calcium.she should start eating after laying within a couple of days.once she is fully hydrated she should get her appetite back.
you can try giving her a pinkie.what i do with my female is make her open her mouth at me...this can be done by putting your face near hers,this should make her want to tell you off with a gaping action,once she has her mouth open slip in a pinkie.
she will most definetly need a boost of calcium as she would of used pretty much all her reserves for producing the eggs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts