Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would be very grateful for anyone's advice, I have a most wonderful healthy 1 year old Panther chameleon, I have only had him long enough to witness two sheds, both done within 2. -3 days, once begun the skin peeled off without trouble, his casque looked whiter before shedding so I knew it was imminent, each shed was 2 months apart, it's now about time fo another shed but this time only one foot peeled, then slowly another foot and part of tail, this began about three days ago but body hasn't changed, body skin casque not changed, he is sulking at back of viv, before it was a fairly rapid process but it seems different this time , as I say his feet peeled but it seems to not be much going on above elbows and unusual that there is not more progress on day four.maybe this is normal and I shouldn't worry, Love any advice from you all. He is a fantastic creature and usually hurtling around the room on his free range ropes strung around the room! He obviously lives in a very large heated viv, the ropes are just for extra exercise, I spray viv regularly and understand humidity requirements for chams.

·
Registered
518 Posts
it sounds pretty normal to me
when mine was a baby he'd be out of his old skin within the hour but now he's just over a year old it takes him a few days to shed and a few days of grumpiness and hiding away beforehand

He's currently on day four of this shed and almost done

·
Can't Read, Can't Write But Can Drive A Tractor.
1,376 Posts
Perhaps just try and increase the humidity a bit until the shed is done - or pop him in the shower for half an hour :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a bit of extra info about my cham but more help needed

Hello, thank you both for your kind replies, very grateful, he has spent all of yesterday and today at back of viv, he's not moved a bit, he doesn't have any skin coming off at all, as I say his feet and tail peeled but now it's just stopped, it's not that he is having trouble getting the peels skin off - it is simply not looking like any is coming off, ifits so weird, he looks like normal but for three days ago his feet peeled, but he's obviously very different in his personality at the mo. There just is no skin peeling and it isn't that more has come off and I haven't noticed or he's eaten it, it's just not peeling. Again any further ideas I'd be so grateful, getting more and more worried.humidity is up and good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts