Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Had Chammy just over 3 weeks now and she just had her first shed with me! It started on fri eve and by Saturday she had rubbed most of it off! *Flakey skin everywhere! Haha.

So it's now all gone apart from her tail. It hasn't shed yet and you can see the difference in skin color too! I have misted her loads throughout the day to help with the shed (she is always misted tho just I mist her extra when she sheds)

So I just need some advice really on her tail? Has this happened to anyone else? Still no sign of the tail shedding tho..... Will it come off in it's own time?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi everyone!

Had Chammy just over 3 weeks now and she just had her first shed with me! It started on fri eve and by Saturday she had rubbed most of it off! *Flakey skin everywhere! Haha.

So it's now all gone apart from her tail. It hasn't shed yet and you can see the difference in skin color too! I have misted her loads throughout the day to help with the shed (she is always misted tho just I mist her extra when she sheds)

So I just need some advice really on her tail? Has this happened to anyone else? Still no sign of the tail shedding tho..... Will it come off in it's own time?

Thanks guys
It will in time, with our Water Dragons, the tail's are always last to come off.
Don't worry about it, it should be fine : victory:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey yeah, its doesnt take long for ours to shed usually, Dennis' is over in a day or so, he gets a bit grumpy at this time !! but once he has shed he is back to normal and his colour is very vibrant xx

·
Registered
463 Posts
It will in time, with our Water Dragons, the tail's are always last to come off.
Don't worry about it, it should be fine : victory:
Chameleons are very different compared to water dragons when it comes to shedding - they tend to lose their whole bodies worth of skin in the course of a day or matter of hours. Keep an eye on it, Im sure it'll be fine though : victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts