Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female veiled cham that is about 8/9 months but she is still incredibly small. She is only 2.5 - 3 inches long from nose to the start of her tail and I know for a fact that she should be bigger. I feed her about 3 locusts and 7-9 medium brown crickets every day and the temp. is 29+ degrees C at the top of the terrarium. Is there anything wrong with her? am I not feeding her enough? Is there some type of chameleon dwarfism? (sereously. My book = epic fail x.x)

Thanks!!!

Caitlin x

PS. she is still lively, shedding regularly, hissing at me etc.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummm.... I'll see.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you any pics we could see???
The lighting isnt the best, but its the best i could do with my phone camera.

One of the most recent ones. She had started shedding in it.

I hope these help!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
785 Posts
sorry, just didnt really look like skin at first glance, also you said nose to the start of the tail is 3 inches, yes she should be bigger but that is not so small that you should be worrying about her

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry, just didnt really look like skin at first glance, also you said nose to the start of the tail is 3 inches, yes she should be bigger but that is not so small that you should be worrying about her
OK. Its just the 'local' pet shop has 4 month olds that are much much much bigger than her (about 7 inches +) but they arent as green as her (she doesnt look green in the top pic but that was just the light. I had my blind open and all the strange lights we have outside were comming in the window.)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would I be able to breed her at this size? if i could find a male small enough??

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Can i ask... why are you in such a hurry to breed her?

I would say, at that sixe she wont be fit enough or strong enough - or big enough for that matter to lay properly.

Why not wait for her to grow before breeding her?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shes almost 9 months old.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
how much does she weight?as she only looks 5 months +
before you start to breed with her,you need to make sure she is healthy because egg laying takes alot out of your chameleon.
what are you dusting her feeders with?

graeme

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.