Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting a Cham finally after several years Of keeping and breeding geckos, uros and rankins. The problem I have is limited space. I have a huge conservatory but it can't go in there due to temp fluctuation. However the only other space I have left would fit a maximum width of 60cm and depth of 45cm with unlimited height. A glass exo terra would fit perfect, but I can't find a mesh viv to fit. The biggest being 45x45x90. What would you recommend please? Male or female or is it just too small in your opinion? Any advice would be great. I'm wanting a tamatave panther. Thanks for your time. Phil

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
It's goin to be too small for a panther really. They need a 2x2x4 cage minimum a adults. Have a look at the Pygmy chameleons. All other smaller species are either delicate or WC and I wouldn't suggest them as a fist chameleon species to keep

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. So a 2x 1.5 x 4 is too small then? such a shame. Pigmys are good but the lifespan being really short puts me off

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Thanks. So a 2x 1.5 x 4 is too small then? such a shame. Pigmys are good but the lifespan being really short puts me off
It could work. I would say get a female but then you are not going to get the panther colours you want although you will struggle to get. Tamarack anyway over here. I would say it should be fine. You coul always go a litte extra on the hight. Muji chameleonworld will do you any size mesh viv if you ask.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Quality thanks. Are they metal or fabric ?
They are metal. A jacksons would fit but they require a bit more care than panthers. If you have experience with animals that need very specific humidity and temperature requirements it could be an option but I think a panther would be fine in that cage size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts