Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help finding an appropriate mesh screen to use for building a panther chameleon vivarium. Does anyone out there have any recommendations? If not, do you think this will be suitable? Butterfly Netting I'm not sure about it as I don't know if it'll take the chameleons weight and also if it will interfere with the basking light and possibly melt??? Cheers

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Mesh for panthers is not the best housing due to the humidity requirements. Wooden viv probably better.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to have a mesh front screen to keep the ventilation up. I'd also like to be able to take it outside, so mesh on top is a necessity and have no idea of what to use, even for that!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sorry, thought you meant an all mesh viv. Mesh for the top & doors would be ok.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any reccomendations on what mesh to use and where to get it from?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will be looking for the same thing soon for my panther, at the moment i do not know of a specific one but a mesh made of stainless steel or aluminium is a good start.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size mesh are you thinking of looking for?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is someone on ebay .... i think he is called
flyscreenman xx
where we got ours from xx
Cheers! I've sent him an email asking about the stianless steel stuff he has! Which have you got? Is the visibility good? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
B&Q do netting, i think it would be perfect size for a chameleon. there is two different kinds and they are both only £2.98 for 4 meters. only problem, its green so might not go with your decor lol. here are the links.

netting the top one on that page

netting third one down

they also sell staple guns in B&Q for £4.99 with staples included for attaching the mesh.

staple gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts