Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've yet to see a veiled get stressed because of glass,infact when introducing females and using the mirror trick to fool the male into thinking he has to earn the females didnt even stress out my male,

the fact is its all too do with airflow and mesh is best or wood with mesh doors,wood with glass doors doesnt allow the correct airflow and lets face it can you see a respiratory infection ? nope not until its took hold.

so yes mesh is better and just because something doesnt seem to make a difference doesnt mean to say it doesnt.

wooden vivs with mesh doors is all i would ever put mine in,

except my pygmy chams that are the opposite and dont need the airflow that veileds do so in there case its glass exo terra's with half the mesh cover'd up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree knighty my point to make is just that it has been said is this just a myth about using mesh

nope it isnt a myth it is said because of a reason and the reason being they need fresh air,i personaly used wooden vivs with glass doors at the start and even went to the point of using my brothers smoke machine ( wired up rather strangly and in a fashion) to monitor the airflow correctly and it worked fine for me,

now i use mesh doors which cost less to make and dont need cleaned :2thumb:,

to any newcomer surely it is better to go mesh than get it wrong with glass and end up with a poorly cham.

I dont know the ins and outs of respiratory infections but i do know how to provent it and thats all that matters.

having seen several chams not cared for correctly and some in a real bad way(now deceased) surely it is better to go ott than go the opposite way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.