Reptile Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Ahhh great timing!!! We need to have 6 fecals done at the moment!! This will save us a load of money, thank you!

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,615 Posts
E-mailed them this morning, had reply this afternoon - great - thank you for the info - my nearest rep vet is 30 miles away which tends to put me off going as often as I should. The lab is going to be rushed off their feet!!!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
E-mailed them this morning, had reply this afternoon - great - thank you for the info - my nearest rep vet is 30 miles away which tends to put me off going as often as I should. The lab is going to be rushed off their feet!!!
Tell me about it, think most of the lizard section will be using them: victory:
Hopefully it won't slow down the turnaround time for results... they were pre-warned we would spread the word though :lol2:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
BLOODY HELL WOW

just come home from the vet with one of my beardies and i need to have them all tested and he wanted to charge me £40 per bd

cheers for the info what a star !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
i want 8 fecals done too (2 are def needed but the others is just to checkup) but have had to hold off because of the cost. will be able to get them all done this week now! definatly a sticky :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
wow thanks for posting hun i will be using this when i get new reps, shame tho i paid for a faecal on sat at my vets:flrt:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
What a fantastic shout out, I will be using them. My vet wants to charge £60 per leo for a full faecal screen so it will be nice to get all three done at the same time for around £25 each instead! My vet are brilliant, but as most, quite bloody expensive!

Excellent stuff mate, will be emailing them tomorrow!

It would be nice also to ensure that if everyone new to reptiles opr just anyone buying a new reptile did a test and managed to quarantine, then surely crypto would slow down?

X

·
Registered
373 Posts
*adds link to favourites*

Thanks a lot for this.

Sticky!!!!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Dam useful! Thanks! I hope you will be getting a discount for all the bisness u have sent their way??????
Please make it a sticky mods?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dam useful! Thanks! I hope you will be getting a discount for all the bisness u have sent their way??????
Please make it a sticky mods?
We can but try tinks, we can but try :lol2:

Just like to say again how delighted we are everyone has found this so useful. At the end of the day if it means a few people will save enough money not to have to give up the hobby in the midst of this recession then its job well done!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Thanks for making this thread, very useful!!

*adds to favs*

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Thats great to know
This is great

: victory:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
On the sumission form which box are you meant to tick for fecals? The price list confused me lol just for future reference :)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
On the sumission form which box are you meant to tick for fecals? The price list confused me lol just for future reference :)
For the faecal screen it wasn't on the form so we wrote it and the price to clarify, ie. "Microbiology - Reptile faecal screen @ £10 +VAT " in the box at the very very bottom that says 'other tests not listed'.

The other has a tick box - Full Parasitology- which is the biggy, including Crypto.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
very useful for people needing alot done

''Discounts are available for 50 samples and above in any one month or if a client spends over £1000 a month with us over a 6 month period. Each case is looked at individually depending on requirements, however we do not encourage saving up samples for parasite analysis as if they dry out we lose our chance to see some parasites such as motile flagellates.''

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Wow that's brilliant would be nice to see people doing this before selling there reps I'd happily do and I'd rather pay a extra tenner to buy a rep and know its ok

21 - 40 of 79 Posts