Reptile Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry to ask whats probably an over asked question but is that £10 per animal or £10 per kit?

Also can they do fecal test's for Amphibians?

JLTL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
PALS is attached to the back of my vets (Birch Heath, Cheshire: brilliant vets) and I used them to test my whole collection when I unfortunately had a crypto outbreak, I tested around 30 animals in total and they do a discount on multiples, on top of being very cheap. the test results came back really soon and in a really clear format. Glad this info was made available.

·
Registered
238 Posts
for my first test would you reccommend do a full parisite test or just a feacal screen and also if you find out that your pets have parasites how do you get medication

·
Registered
279 Posts
i use the vets thats attached to it and they charged me £17 feel right ripped off now seen as tho all they have to do is give it to the lab upstairs

·
Banned
970 Posts
Very helpful people. Just requested me self a plastic pot to scoop up me reps pooh for a test. Also they send you a prepaid envelope as well.

Me thinks i shall get into the habit of randomly selecting one of me reps on a rolling three monthly basis for a parasiteology test. In fact sounds like a good selling point to lever when selling me reps prodigy. i.e. pinning results to me table at shows.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hmmm i checked on the webiste and the cheapest option for reptiles is £31, i cant find the £10 option, maybe il have more luck if i rang them but i thought it would be on their price list

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Hmmm i checked on the webiste and the cheapest option for reptiles is £31, i cant find the £10 option, maybe il have more luck if i rang them but i thought it would be on their price list
it is on their price list ;)
If you go to their pdf price-list then scroll down to Microbiology (page 17 I think) you'll find not only the two main types of Reptile Feaces (£27.50 & £35.50) test they do but near the bottom is ~
Faecal Screen (Faeces) £ 10.00
Slide Examination – Direct and Salt Flotation

: victory:

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
This is great!. Had my leo checked. But going to do for my vittikins and any new reps when I get them.

On the topic of redgex question. Maybe you could have a application form?. So if anyone wants to buy a reptile, they can enter full details, morph And if they want the option of Faecal or the crypto check?.

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Just to get this straight, is the £10 test checking for only parasites where as the £27 or whatever it is test, checking for diseases as well?

I'm going to get a group of stenos next year, they might well be WC(pet shop). Now since they'd have been in the same confines one imagines that if one was sick(especially say crypto) they'll all come down with it.

When you have a communal set-up is it best to separate them all into containers until they poo? I didn't think they did it as often as we do and since I want a group of 4-6 it's going to be impossible to know whose poo is whose in the viv.

What do you think the best course of action is? Collect say 6 samples, hope their from different stenos or at least the majority, and test them? Then what test, do the £27 or so on all or would the £10 be adequate? Maybe they do deals on multiples.:lol2:

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
anyone be answering me above query?:lol2:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have a small colony myself Joey, and if one of your animals has something, they all will... what I did was randomly have all my animals checked. thankfully no problems, but a great piece of mind...

And to answer an above question.. if I was buying two animals, exactly the sae in every way, but one had the wee test cert, I would pay the extra (obviously it would need to be reasonably in date etc)

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
I have a small colony myself Joey, and if one of your animals has something, they all will... what I did was randomly have all my animals checked. thankfully no problems, but a great piece of mind...
you say randomly have em all checked? If their all checked..it isn't random though...

do you mean you have say 4 stenos so you collect 4 poos and hope their from diff stenos?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just to get this straight, is the £10 test checking for only parasites where as the £27 or whatever it is test, checking for diseases as well?

I'm going to get a group of stenos next year, they might well be WC(pet shop). Now since they'd have been in the same confines one imagines that if one was sick(especially say crypto) they'll all come down with it.

When you have a communal set-up is it best to separate them all into containers until they poo? I didn't think they did it as often as we do and since I want a group of 4-6 it's going to be impossible to know whose poo is whose in the viv.

What do you think the best course of action is? Collect say 6 samples, hope their from different stenos or at least the majority, and test them? Then what test, do the £27 or so on all or would the £10 be adequate? Maybe they do deals on multiples.:lol2:
best thing to do is to contact the lab but you do a 3 day pooled sample that is collect poo over 3 days and put in same pot so you get a range of poos from different times and different animals

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
dont wont to sound dumb but wht is this
PALS is a lab that do feacal screenings. you just post them your animal poop and select from thier screening list. they can do everything from PM's to feacal flotations. if you look on the very first post on the very first page all the information is from this lab

http://www.palsvetlab.co.uk/

61 - 79 of 79 Posts