Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
ive used it for my water dragon,and I was suprised on how strong it was if any thing compared to the lucky reptile ones I've used before these were thicker and a lot cleaner when it comes to the dust thrown off when cutting.In my opinion its a great buy cheap and available in a few lengths.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive used it for my water dragon,and I was suprised on how strong it was if any thing compared to the lucky reptile ones I've used before these were thicker and a lot cleaner when it comes to the dust thrown off when cutting.In my opinion its a great buy cheap and available in a few lengths.
If it can withstand a CWD im sure a crestie will be no match:lol2:

·
Registered
636 Posts
no mate I'm just about to look around for bark chips for my new bosc build,the only way i no for getting things like this cheap is to get a non reptile/animal brand its nice to see the word CANNY brings back memories ov cold winters at my aunt Nells in Gateshead (I'm Geordie born)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right got my order today and found it had a, not sticky but some sort of residue on it. So I called the customer service number and they said it had what she thought some kind of latex coating on it.
She and the person she checked with had no idea if it was rep safe, as I had thought anyway.
So im asking if anyone thinks it would harm my reps and if anyone has used this exact one in the link.
Did you find it ok and safe, are your reps ok??

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I had this exact same idea.... Perfect for wooden vids that you can staple it to, crap for glass ones as it doesn't silicone very well, also my day gecko can't stick to it as it is too fibrous

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's pretty safe too I reckon, the residue would more than likely just be the stuff that holds the fibres together. As for cheap orchid bark Surrey pet supplies do a 70l bag for about twenty quid

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's pretty safe too I reckon, the residue would more than likely just be the stuff that holds the fibres together. As for cheap orchid bark Surrey pet supplies do a 70l bag for about twenty quid
Cheers mate, just cuttingnit to size now. Its for my exos so I hope it hold ok its only really to plant broms and ficus in so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well when you silicone it in use something heavy to weight each piece down as it dries, the coco can be a bit thin in places so I would double up on those areas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts