Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys you have probably seen a thread like this god knows how many times but please indulde me.
Im getting my first ever reptile, a baby leo on friday(again monkeygirl thanks) and wondered if i listed what I have if you could tell me if iv missed anything?
My leo is three month old, if that helps
Ok list
18inch x10inch tub
heat mat
Thermostat
Digital thermometer
Kitchen Roll
Moist hide
Cool hide
Milk btl lid for calcium
2 bowls (1 water, 1 mealworms)
Moss for moist hide
Card to cover three sides of the tub
Mealworm
Crickets
Nutrobol

Going to set the heat mat to 88F is that ok?

Anything else?

BTW already got him a 24x15x15 Viv for him to move into when hes bigger, going to have one poss two shelves to him to climb on and some really nice looking homemade hides, stuff to climb on, tiles for the floor etc

Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
think thats everything.dont forget to gut load the live food and the calcium.

dont think you need the card for the side of tub neither.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
mine don't have card and they are fine, even though my little lady aint eating, she never seems stressed at all about all sides uncovered, many people don't cover the sides, all down to personal preference

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy, yes iv got stuff sorted for gutloading and bought my tub of Calypso today.
I was only thinking of using the card as a few ppl have said they can sometimes get stressed if they can see att the way around,might so it anyway just to be on the safe side.
Ashbosh hows your gorgeous little girl doing now?

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Sounds like you have everything covered now you've got the calypso as well :no1:

You mentioned a cool hide and a moist hide in your list - do you have a hide for the warm side too?

Oh, one thing I've found recently - I used to use damp kitchen roll in my moist hide then swapped to moss but I've swapped back to kitchen roll as it doesn't seem to dry out half as quickly and my leo's prefer it (they snuggle up on top of the kitchen roll but never did with the moss).

You sound so excited (quite rightly too after waiting so long)! Good luck with your first leo : victory:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the luck, just set the tankup tonight, just waiting to check the temps are ok before adding anything inside

Was going to put the moist hide on the warm side of the viv, iv ordered a small amount of moss so if its not working out im not wasting alot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts