Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just thought I'd relate to you what happened last night with my leo. I popped up to see it for feeding as usual in the evening and did a quick scan of the thermometers inside. I was quite shocked to see that both read about 60F!. The poor thing was huddled in it's hide freezing it's arse off. A quick check showed that somehow, all the viv gear had been powered down as the switch was off at the mains. I switched the stuff back on but it was a good few hours before the leo recovered back to normal.

I couldn't figure out how the switch managed to get turned off. I could only guess that someone in the house must of knocked it by accident or some house pest must have crawled under the switch or something.

Happily my leo seemed fine this morning so this is just a reminder to check your thermometers as you never know what freak accident may happen. :)

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
aaaaaaaaw
well just checked mine and happy to say all r still on!! :D
Glad your lil baby is ok now xx

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
welshgaz said:
i check my electricity meter each day... that would slow if anything was off...
I like the ones we have in france, it's a circle cog thing where one little bit of it is black, so you see how quick or slow the black big turns around :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Trice said:
welshgaz said:
i check my electricity meter each day... that would slow if anything was off...
I like the ones we have in france, it's a circle cog thing where one little bit of it is black, so you see how quick or slow the black big turns around :D
You can see mine spin in the UK :eek:mg:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
thats one reason i use lights for heating, if a bulb goes you can see it immediatly whereas if a ceramic goes you dont know until you look at the thermometer or notice its cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts