Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bio-Ken is an international reknowned centre for research and conservation in Watamu, close to Mombasa in Kenya, Africa. Unfortunately the founder died a few years ago, but the commited team at this centre continue with the good work. They educte and help the locals with education in reptiles, including making them value the animals to aid conservation and also in production and research into snake venoms. We spent some time here with the naturalist team in 2005. Many of the animals here were wild which we tracked, surveyed and recorded, some were held at the centre.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Some of the snakes on this post are highly dangerous, if you should be in this area, be very careful and dont get as close as perhaps experienced herpetologists such as myself and the guys at Bio-Ken!! Hope you enjoy - and I have more pictures!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you posted inbetween post as the last one is a snake! The alst one on the first post is indeed a tortoise - perhaps I should let a few of you have a guess or two first? To keep the interest?!!! Lots of experience on this tortoise forum - answers on a post card please................

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Kev doesn't get the chance to check the forums on a regular basis due to his busy work. If u pm him and direct him to the thread you've more of a chance of getting an answer.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts