Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Sunday afternoon, settled down to watch E.T. when Indy decides she's going to have her pups.

First puppy arrives, hind feet first. After a bit of help from me, a lovely little boy, cream coloured, arrives. Once the unbilical cord is cut & he's breathing ok, Indy helps to clean him up. 90 minutes later, contractions begin again. And again, this pup enters the world hind feet first. So a bit more help from me, & a gorgeous girl pup arrives. Cord cut, rubbed don vigorously, & back to Indy. No more pups inside mummy's tummy. Indy is being a great mum, protective & attentive.

Heres a photo of the pups after a good feed

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Aw bless her there so big to be inside a tiny Chih!! Congrats.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Yey! :jump: Congratulations Colin & Clark - Indy did you proud, they look beautiful! :flrt:

And they look a good size, what weight were they and has that stimulated Lolly to get going???

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Congratulations! They're beautiful :flrt:

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Well, Sunday afternoon, settled down to watch E.T. when Indy decides she's going to have her pups.

First puppy arrives, hind feet first. After a bit of help from me, a lovely little boy, cream coloured, arrives. Once the unbilical cord is cut & he's breathing ok, Indy helps to clean him up. 90 minutes later, contractions begin again. And again, this pup enters the world hind feet first. So a bit more help from me, & a gorgeous girl pup arrives. Cord cut, rubbed don vigorously, & back to Indy. No more pups inside mummy's tummy. Indy is being a great mum, protective & attentive.

Heres a photo of the pups after a good feed

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee congratulations!! gorgeous little tiny bums:flrt:

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

Eileen, the boy was 127 grams at birth & the girl was 122 grams at birth, which are good weights for Chihuahua whelps.

More piccies....

Indy with her 2 pups

The boy

The girl

And their dad, Woody, who belongs to a friend of ours

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
aww bless! They are so dinky! :flrt:

Congrats! :2thumb:

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Eileen, the boy was 127 grams at birth & the girl was 122 grams at birth, which are good weights for Chihuahua whelps.

More piccies....

Indy with her 2 pups

The boy

The girl

And their dad, Woody, who belongs to a friend of ours

too cute!!!

i LOVE ickle tiny chis :flrt:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I would say they are excellent weights, considering the size of chis. :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Aww congrat again Col and Clark. Any sign of Lolly having hers yet ?

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lolly is currently asleep on my knee, totally unconcerned & still showing no sign of releasing her pups to the outside world :lol2:

Reactions: selina20

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Lolly is currently asleep on my knee, totally unconcerned & still showing no sign of releasing her pups to the outside world :lol2:
Oh!!! Give her a slap and tell her to get on with it! :lol2:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.