Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done abit of research but i'm wanting to buy a chinchilla or two.

I love the white and beige ones,

has anyone kept them before? whats the ideal cage they like? and how skitish are they?

thanks - any info would be brilliant : victory:

ohh and anyone got pics of their cage?

·
Registered
25,485 Posts
I don't have them anymore, but I kept mine in a converted aviary when we did have them! They love to bounce around and destroy things, so I wouldn't keep them in any cage that isn't all metal (with wood shelves) as they'd chew their way out of a plastic bottomed cage.

Digging out pics for ya now :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Chinchillas

Yes I keep them and breed them. The cage pictured is ideal because they are very keen chewers and are active alot. PM me if you need any information or if I can help you with anything. andy

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
i have three i don't have a pic of the cage but if you look below this thread i have a thread with pics in of them i only got them yesterday and there really good i am glad i got mine.
Clare

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey i have never keped them but i have a mate who has about 8 and the 2 tiwch are inside have a cage about 7ft long and 6ft high and the rest and in bit aviaries out side! with a heat spot and a heated indoor area but they are nice pet need gental but firm handling i am sure you no all about the sand baths with their very thick coats!
wooded shelves lots of them they love to hop jump and climb and chew them! i am sure their are lots n lots more people than me that could tell you better things and more info about them

Josh:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts