Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boyfriend and i are very interested in getting one of these, but we've only managed to find one care sheet that doesn't really give a lot of information.
basically, what size viv, what temperatures, humidity levels, etc etc.

we'd reeeally like to have one of these as they're such gorgeous geckos so any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump! pleeeease help :(

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
not too sure, but i think viv size is pretty similar to leos..don't know about the temperature requirements but i think they need it cooler than leos..& i think humidity should be pretty high..don't quote me on that though :)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
What kind of cave Gecko there is 9 species of Goniurosaurus
Currently 10 ;)

Check out the following care guides:

GONIUROSAURUS care sheet - Geckos Unlimited - this is the most comprehensive guide

Captive Care & Breeding of the Chinese Leopard Gecko (Goniurosaurus Luii)

Care - Chinese Leopard & Tiger Gecko

I also highly recommend the book "The Eyelash Geckos" as it has quite a substantial section on Goniurosaurus species, and I bought mine from here: The Eyelash Geckos: Care, Breeding and Natural History.

I suspect the species you'd most likely be getting is either G.luii or G.hainanensis...they seem to be the most commonly available in the UK.

I keep G.luii, so take a read through the care guides above, and if you still have any questions feel free to PM me.

Also, take a search through the Lizard part of the forum - there has been a recent thread on cave geckos, there might be some useful info on there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just got some of these
if they're G.Luii i keep them at 19c with a heat mat because my house if cold but a stat might help. You can keep them on vermiculite or forest floor stuff along with some moss. they do need misting twice a day. But really they just as easy as leos.: victory:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts