Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks all for letting me be a part of the forum. Never cared for a reptile before my WD. We have various other animals with my wife being a trusty of an animal charity. However I saw this lady in the pet shop and bought her instantly.

I left her with the pet shop for 4 weeks to give me time to study on caring for her and finding out exactly what she needs.

She is currently in a 3ftx3ftx1.5ft vivarium but I am building her a new custom home! I am wanting it to be as close to her natural habitat with a slow running waterfall to a 84L pool. With a rain system that will allow it to rain twice a day inside the viv all flowing back to the pond. A mist/fog system, with live plants and vegetation. The living area will be 5ftx4ftx2ft with the pond set into the floor. The temperature will be controlled using am ATC 800+ with a 4" extractor that will kick in if it gets a little hot.

Here is a little video of her and what I have done so far.

https://youtu.be/M2Uev0FRZrw

I would like for her to have company. How do we feel about pairing her with another lizard? I am aiming for another female as I don't want the male causing her stress with wanting to mate all the time. I have found mixed reviews on here so I am asking for opinions?

Thanks for stopping by.

D-Koi

·
Registered
339 Posts
You're welcome, it's nice to see someone taking the time to provide a really nice enclosure. I think WDs are one of those lizards that are often housed in an unsuitable environment and ends up with it's face rubbed .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
You have done a great job with the viv, just one suggestion, maybe add a couple of larger diameter branches in the middle section, though i can see in your pictures the dragon is using the 'rock work' to climb i think some bigger branches would give it another option to climb and just hang out on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not rock work it's foam backing covered in silicone and coco but I will take your suggestion on board.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Lovely setup fella, I would agree that some thicker branches are added being a semi arboreal lizard to give some climbing options.

Reactions: DKoi
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.