Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my cali king today, from Shropshire Exotics in Newport, an excellent shop(thanks for the recommendation PendleHog :D ), and a gorgeous little snake that I handled for an hour straight, lol, and at the moment it is in one of its hides, poking its head out every now and again, a gorgeous little snake :D I'll post some pics when it has settled in :D

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Nice one, I was up there this morning actually :lol: Theres usually wuite a crowd on a saturday, who did you speak to? Was it the little cali in the hatchling tub?

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't the tiny Cali in the hatchling tub, it was the bigger one, about a foot, foot and half long and it has a lovely temperament. I can't remember the name of the person who I talked to when I handled the snake but he was very enthusiastic about knigsnakes and apparently didn't work there lol, he just spends most of his time there :lol: , there was also a lady there who was wearing a black coat and my brother stroked her beardies, lol, (again I didn't catch her name) but the staff were very helpful and friendly, a lovely shop and beautiful healthy snake :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice one :D

It's weird, I cant imagine a snake moving about during the day. My corns just sleep all day being nocturnal! agh... kings snakes move about during the day so it must be fun to see them. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yay congrats!!!

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It fed today, two large pinkies, the first one was on the floor of the feeding tub which it took gently, the next one I held in my feeding tongs and wiggled it a bit, it strikes and misses twice, the third time, it nails it, comes flying out of the feeding tub, coils around it in mid air and lands on my bed, half in, half out of the feeding tub, it constricted the mouse that hard you could hear bones cunch, it was awesome :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
DaveM said:
constricted the mouse that hard you could hear bones cunch, it was awesome :D
Ouch lol

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Glad your enjoying your new snake and hes feeding well for you. There were loads of guys in on saturday so dunno who you spoke to.. the beardies were Anna's though, really great colours on them!

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PendleHog said:
Glad your enjoying your new snake and hes feeding well for you. There were loads of guys in on saturday so dunno who you spoke to.. the beardies were Anna's though, really great colours on them!

thank you :D my brother who was very anti reptile, stroked Anna's beardies and the water dragon and realised that they aren't to be feared and now loves them :lol:

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PendleHog said:

thank you :D my brother who was very anti reptile, stroked Anna's beardies and the water dragon that was in the big viv, next to the D.W.A snakes and realised that they aren't to be feared and now loves them :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts