Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw one at the pet shop the other week and i like the look of them do they have anyspecial requirements or is there any extra information i should know about them?
and are they a monitor type lizard?

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,619 Posts
All lizards have special requirements - they all have a correct way of looking after them. The fact that you think they might be a type of monitor (which they definately are not) shows it really would be best if you did some research into them first. Google for Chuckwalla caresheets - heres one off the forum to start you off http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/liza...uckwalla-care-sheet.html?highlight=chuckwalla

·
Registered
310 Posts
where u see it? i'm in kent they have one in gillingham looks well grumpy, but awesome :) the some I go to do care sheets on stuff and are good with info

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where u see it? i'm in kent they have one in gillingham looks well grumpy, but awesome :) the some I go to do care sheets on stuff and are good with info
then you have seen the one i want lol
and i have browsed google but i havnt read any caresheets yet and the monitor bit was a question as i thought at a glance they look similar,although i am probably just about to be proved wrong

·
Registered
310 Posts
He is soooo cool, the girl there always gets him out. If they are any good they will give advice and sheet I got sheet for skinks from them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill be going over ther tuesday so ill have a chatr with them then as i need a load more crickets my beardie is munching them down like theres no tomorow

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi there,

Be sure to read some good care sheets first so you have a proper set up ready for these guys. They like it hot! And they also like lots of hiding places.

If those basic needs are taken care of these lizards are great to watch...

check here for some more information.

Sauromalus ater

gr. Kamiel

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Need very high temps, and a varied diet. They are parts of the iguana family and have loads of attitude.. Most are wild caught aswell so get fecals done as soon as purchasing to be on the safe side and keep to strict quarantine rules for a good few months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts