Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Im moving away from fish, even tho they are very rewarding i have always wanted reptiles and unfortunatly cant keep both.

I am therefore selling my tanks and all fish and equiptment.

I currently have a 3foot 98l nano marine tank and a 2 foot 60l Cichlid tank.

I am selling both of these but selling the cichlids as a full set up.

There are 4 convict cichlids, 1 yellow lab, 2 blue malawi's (unsure of name) and 1 large Plec they are in a jewel rekord 60 tank and are always happy, brightly coloured fish. very active and healthy. Tank comes complete with filter, hood, lights, gravel, slate, various rocks and stand in black ash.

im looking for £100 for the full set up including fish, foods and 3 gallons of mature water

If anyone is interested please PM me

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
so your essentially selling a hideously overstocked tank, with nowhere near enough mature water, and fish that shoudln't even be mixed.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Oh My God! Stop complaining to evrything that is in fish keeping, if it works for benni its ok, not all fish are bad. some cichlids arne agressive, even the agressive ones! My tank isnt overstocked either, his might i dunno, so..... arrr :evil: :x

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
snakelover said:
Oh My God! Stop complaining to evrything that is in fish keeping, if it works for benni its ok, not all fish are bad. some cichlids arne agressive, even the agressive ones! My tank isnt overstocked either, his might i dunno, so..... arrr :evil: :x
Doesn't he have a right to complain if the fish are not being kept properly? Most people are quick to jump into attack anyone who is abusing animals and not looking after them probably but for some reason they don't seem to think the same way about fish.

Overcrowding a tank is cruel and it is abuse.

I'm not commenting on this particular thread, but I think it is prefectly fair to moan at someone if you think they are abusing their pets, even if it is just fish.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
sorry snakelover but you should not comment as your fish are over crowded and you mixed fish that should not be kept together, not enough research is done into fishkeeping by some people

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i totally appreciate that that tank may be over stocked but for the size of the fish (juvies) there is plenty of room for them, as for mixing the fish, they are both agressive cichlids and never bother each other. the plec just keeps himself to himself and i have never had a problem with fin nipping and such.

the tank will need upgrading at some point in the near future or at least thin out the stock but all this would be explained to a prospective buyer.

i have kept fish for many years and have never had any problems with my fish, they have always been brightly coloured, active, healthy fish.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Snakelover, dont even try and argue with me about about cichlids. I will ruin you.

Not bragging (much), but over the last 13 years i've kept over 200 hundred different species of cichlids. Currently i have 151 South American cichlis, consisting of 96 species. I also have a 8 foot tank with lake tanganyika cichlids in it.

I've also got 19 community tanks, with various tetras, barbs, cyprinids, and catfish.

Don't even try to argue with me, when it comes to fish, i know what im on about. I work in a fish shop voted as the best in the area. I'm pretty certain i wouldnt have a job there if i didn't know what i was on about.

I didnt mean to take it out on you Benni. I've just had a shite day and all i get at work is people with overstocked tanks buying more fish and bitching at me when they die.

As for snakelover, YOU have a pangasius in a 3 foot tank. Learn about your fish you prick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mike515 - Its ok, i totally appreciate that its overstocked but as i say i have had no deaths and they all seem very happy. the covicts were actually rescued from a friends tank as he had some pretty vicious cichlids that were attacking them and so have only been in the tank a short while and was only a temp solution. i have decided to take my fish to my LFS and break the tanks down seperatly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts