Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here like cichlids? i keep a pair of cryptoheros sajica in a 20 gal community tank (they've spawned & currently have fry), & a pair of red form (male has red lower half from mouth to vent) in a 12 gal community. i've also kept jack dempseys, spilurums & malawi's among others.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've not popped into the fish bit for a while! But yes, I keep cichlids : victory: at the minute I have a 5" chocolate cichlid, 2 laetacara araguaiae (the other 2 fancied the carpet more than my tank!) and have briefly kept a festivum and apistos.

·
Registered
33,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone here like cichlids? i keep a pair of cryptoheros sajica in a 20 gal community tank (they've spawned & currently have fry), & a pair of red form (male has red lower half from mouth to vent) in a 12 gal community. i've also kept jack dempseys, spilurums & malawi's among others.
by red form, i mean red form kribensis- just noticed the typo!:blush:

·
Registered
766 Posts
i keep kribs and convicts........

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't have fish currently but I've kept several types of cichlids. My faves are red devils, red head chclids, blood parrots, red texas and flowerhorns (I like the freaky hybrid types haha).

·
Registered
33,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've not popped into the fish bit for a while! But yes, I keep cichlids : victory: at the minute I have a 5" chocolate cichlid, 2 laetacara araguaiae (the other 2 fancied the carpet more than my tank!) and have briefly kept a festivum and apistos.
always keep a cichlid tank covered- they will jump if chased by each other. btw, why not get another chocco of the opposite sex? they get brilliant colours when in breeding condition!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts