Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pheww that was close today, needed to do a bit of maintainence on the desert hairy viv, taking out unwanted debris and leftovers. here she is out, clearly not impressed and ready for someone to stick their hands in.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
nice. how big is it? how big will it get? cant tell with close up pics.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 3 inches not including the tail, still got a little bit more growing yet.
will be trying to breed from it aswell as the emporer this year so fingers crossed and i will knock the babies out very cheap to this forum members only.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
dont tease me with babies, OH still wont have scorps in the house.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
thats a real nice scorpion...so regret giving up a pair of adults i had years ago to concerntrate on my emperors,red claws and spinifer pair

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
i see small pinsers :shock: whats the venom like? they have one in wiltons (exotic shop near me) and i was tempted but they look mean and painful when it gets me.

also whats emporers pich like, does it hurt that much?

·
Registered
25,691 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i see small pinsers :shock: whats the venom like? they have one in wiltons (exotic shop near me) and i was tempted but they look mean and painful when it gets me.

also whats emporers pich like, does it hurt that much?
Hi Dan, they are quite small compared to the emperor but they still arent deadly like some of the other smaller pincer scorps.
I have read a lot of places that describe an emperor to a bee sting but a desert hairy to a hornet,
Prey wise it doesnt use its pincers very often only to grab before stinging, and they have a hell of an appetite for its size.
If your tempted get one id say, just be a bit more cautious with it when cleaning the tank or moving it into its home, im cautious yet im still clumsy lol

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
i am quite tempted, but i think i should get a emporer, or a cave, or an indian forest scorp first, so when i do get stung, i the effects wont be too bad, and it'll teach me to be more careful! then move on to a more scary speices :D
it is gawgeous tho...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
the vietnamese forest scorpions are very similar to the emporers i believe...i want one but again mum said no as she don like arachnids...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes h spinifer is defibnately a lovely scorpion, and does look like the pandinus imperator, although a little more feisty, the red claws are good choices aswell and although belonging to the pandinus family can get a little more agitated than the imperial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts