Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound like a stupid question but what do you guys wash your water bowls with.Just hot water or anything of a reptile shop shelf.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
i use scouldig water usually, and then once a month or something like that i spray with cleaner (reptile safe) and wash again with scoulding water!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use fairy and hot water every day and a mild bleach that is safe for childrens toys then rinse once a week.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i use boiling hot water and Ark Klens concentrated Disinfectant in a 1lt spray bottle to clean mine.

i also use the ark klens to clean out the Viv and RUB's, it good stuff and last for ages 250ml bottle makes 25lt's of Disinfectant an 1lt last me for weeks.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
hot water unless they crap in it. every week or so i bleach them...i'm lazy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Washing up liquid and a good boiling water rinse every day.

Then I use baby sterilising liquid to soak them once a week and give them a boiling water rinse after that!:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Boiling water, seems to do the trick even though picking up an earthernware (sp) bowl after boiling water has been in tends to hurt the hands lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
hiot water, and a sponge: victory:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hot Water and Sponge during water change. I use one of those Flash Mark and Stain Erasers, shifts any water marks easily.

Then 5% bleach and good rinse once every 3-5 weeks when doing a full clean.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
hot water rinse everyday, n i boil them every week for a while. i boil everything that goes in with my snakes, kinda strange when you think they will never come into contact with a clean surface in the wild :crazy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use fairy washing up liquid and tamodine then soak them in scalding water then rinse off with cold to make em all squeaky clean not that you'd think i ever washed em now - dam limescale!
for the lime scale try soaking in white viniger over night and get out a scouring pad and scrub it worked for me then just do your usual cleaning

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I just use soap and water.
I use kitchen towel, to rub the insides, so that one bowl does not come in contact with another.
Sometimes spray them with Trigene ( one of those reptile safe cleaners )
Alway rinse them out before putting back in again.
Stephen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts