Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whilst cleaning leopard geckos should i try and work around them or take them out or something ?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
doesnt really matter, cleaning around them could either get them used to u or stress them out, depends on the personality of the gecko in my opinion.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If you're just spot cleaning (ie scooping the poop out) then leave them in, however if you're doing a deep clean or changing the substrate, or spraying any cleaner of any kind then would be best to take em out. They should fit in an ice-cream tub.

As for cleaners, you need to use a suitable one. I think most of us use Cascade, u can buy it from most rep shops and also Ebay for about £2-3. And its safe to use with reps. :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I they are hiding and will stay out of the way you could clean round them otherwise prolly best to take them out as they wont understand that you are cleaning and so will react the same way as if they would if you were just wiping your hands and waving your arms around the viv without a cloth or sponge in your hand.. so depends whether your leo would be bothered by that.
ALso you cleaning is limited with the rep in there as you obviously cant give the place a good spray or a bleach and rinse etc.
Getting shit out and wiping over with a damn cloth would be more mangaable i reckon, we work round our beardies sometimes.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
if your worried about them getting cold wrap a hottle water bottle up and put the containers that they re in on that :D
manda xx

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I would never wrap up a hot water bottle and put any animal in close proximity to it personally.

Best thing would be to keep them somewhere warm ish, but as long as its not below 60 and they are warmed up to begin with then your fine for a couple hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts