Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
itss been ages now ! her jaw is totaly better but she still wont go for her locust i have to put the locust head in her mouth then she'll eat 5-6 she eats alot still but only if i put the locust head in her mouth , it doesnt bovver her because shes getting a nice locust without trying but she just WONT hunt!
She chews fine and everything..
However she hunts waxworm herself lol! So shes not blind or anything she sees these perfectly!

Shes a pain in the butt haha!
<3

·
Registered
916 Posts
unfortunatly this is what happens when people domesticate and hand feed geckos.
dont feed her with tweezers, tongues or anything. stop feeding for 5 days and try again with a few locusts.

·
Registered
916 Posts
are you proud of that!?
i really hope not.
I think a lot of people are missing out. a healthy, not hand fed leopard gecko will activly hunt their prey, this is one of the most interesting things to watch and why i like geckos...

·
Registered
64 Posts
what size crics should a 3/4 month old lep geck get then??? or locuts

·
Registered
64 Posts
itss been ages now ! her jaw is totaly better but she still wont go for her locust i have to put the locust head in her mouth then she'll eat 5-6 she eats alot still but only if i put the locust head in her mouth , it doesnt bovver her because shes getting a nice locust without trying but she just WONT hunt!
She chews fine and everything..
However she hunts waxworm herself lol! So shes not blind or anything she sees these perfectly!

Shes a pain in the butt haha!
<3

wax worm the rout to all evil lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Have you tried her with other livefood such as roaches? I gave my beardie some Dubia roaches last week for the first time and I’ve never seen him move so fast. He’s fast when he hunts anyway but roaches seem to make him jump to a much higher gear. :2thumb:
Plus roaches will be so much better for her than worms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts