Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing the rounds feeding/maintanance etc on all the T's & ive just been taught a lesson on what real speed is. Noticed some roach remains on the cork bark beside my adult female H. Macs favourite hiding place. So i fed her a small cricket to keep her occupied (she had the roach 2 days ago) and thought that i'd be able to remove the roach remains while she chowed down on the cricket. This is pretty much what ive done with her a hundred times in the past so i was quietly confident things would go smoothly. Wrong. As soon as my tweezers made the slightest contact with the remains she bolted out from between the leaves beside the bark, ran up the tweezers and sat on my hand. Now, ive seen videos of T's running up tweezers before & they always seem to struggle & take a few seconds to climb up? It honestly felt like it took a little over a second for it to happen & i still couldnt believe it even though i was standing there, trying not to soil myself with an obviously p:censor:d off H. Mac sitting on my hand. And then to make it worse she put the cricket down on my hand! By this point i was really needing a wee. I actually think a tiny bit came out to be honest, but i could only stand there like a pleb waiting for a bite to happen, and im happy to say it never did! After about 3 or 4 minutes she finally turned round & walked to edge of my hand where i was able to put her back on her bark. Phew! I wish my wife was home so i couldve got a picture of it but it was just really cool to see her up close without a piece of glass being in the way as her marking are beautiful! But i never ever want a repeat incident! The moral of the story is no matter how docile, chilled out or predictable your T's seem to be they really are not. They are unpredictable animals with a mind of their own & you shouldnt presume to know how theyre going to react : victory:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't soil yourself !!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
33,577 Posts
Just finished doing the rounds feeding/maintanance etc on all the T's & ive just been taught a lesson on what real speed is. Noticed some roach remains on the cork bark beside my adult female H. Macs favourite hiding place. So i fed her a small cricket to keep her occupied (she had the roach 2 days ago) and thought that i'd be able to remove the roach remains while she chowed down on the cricket. This is pretty much what ive done with her a hundred times in the past so i was quietly confident things would go smoothly. Wrong. As soon as my tweezers made the slightest contact with the remains she bolted out from between the leaves beside the bark, ran up the tweezers and sat on my hand. Now, ive seen videos of T's running up tweezers before & they always seem to struggle & take a few seconds to climb up? It honestly felt like it took a little over a second for it to happen & i still couldnt believe it even though i was standing there, trying not to soil myself with an obviously p:censor:d off H. Mac sitting on my hand. And then to make it worse she put the cricket down on my hand! By this point i was really needing a wee. I actually think a tiny bit came out to be honest, but i could only stand there like a pleb waiting for a bite to happen, and im happy to say it never did! After about 3 or 4 minutes she finally turned round & walked to edge of my hand where i was able to put her back on her bark. Phew! I wish my wife was home so i couldve got a picture of it but it was just really cool to see her up close without a piece of glass being in the way as her marking are beautiful! But i never ever want a repeat incident! The moral of the story is no matter how docile, chilled out or predictable your T's seem to be they really are not. They are unpredictable animals with a mind of their own & you shouldnt presume to know how theyre going to react : victory:
see my post in the s. calceata thread about what could happen if your h. mac had nailed you!:gasp:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Lol, i think id probably start to cry and then pass out if this happend to me, although id like to grab my camera and take a pic :). X

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, i think id probably start to cry and then pass out if this happend to me, although id like to grab my camera and take a pic :). X
I know i know! And i honestly did stand there for a minute wondering if me walking through to the bedroom to grab the camera with a skittish H. Mac on my hand would've been considered me pushing my luck too far lol? Then the reality of it all kicks in & you just choose to stand there like a quivering school kid :lol2:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know i know! And i honestly did stand there for a minute wondering if me walking through to the bedroom to grab the camera with a skittish H. Mac on my hand would've been considered me pushing my luck too far lol? Then the reality of it all kicks in & you just choose to stand there like a quivering school kid :lol2:
yeah i think that would have been pushing it just a tad :), your lucky she just calmly walked back into the tank and didnt shoot of on a mad run lol! bet it was such an adrenaline rush though. X

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i think that would have been pushing it just a tad :), your lucky she just calmly walked back into the tank and didnt shoot of on a mad run lol! bet it was such an adrenaline rush though. X
Yeah, had a pretty warm feeling after it was all over, but that was probably just the wee running down my leg.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, had a pretty warm feeling after it was all over, but that was probably just the wee running down my leg.
:lol2:, gross...... :). X

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hahahahaha:mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble:
Im guessing your joking but i have to admit i think i would pee just a little if it happend to me! X

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.