Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, new here, thinking about getting a snake, whether it be a Corn, a Milk or a Ball Python, only thing holding me back is i dont know where to buy one from (no shops / breeders in my area (that i know of)) would really appreciate it if you could help me out on where abouts a good place to buy one from is :), i live in Cheltenham / Gloucester :).

Thanks all, help is much appreciated.
Dan.

EDIT : Would be willing to travel a little way :). (also sorry if this is the wrong section)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
look in classifieds on here mate i have royals for sale and im in walsall

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I would only ever buy from private breeders personally, shops are there to sell and nothing else. In my experience, not many shops actually care about giving good advice and helping out the owners. That isn't always the case though, I may have had particularly bad experiences.

I would say the same, check on here and go to reptile shows, you'll get a better idea of prices and get a better deal usually. Good luck with getting your new snakie.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Danno.

I'm sort of in the same situation. I've decided on the snake that i would like. I've been to a few reptile shops and apart from 888reptiles i would agree with you. I bought a couple of corns a good few years ago from Cold Blooded, they seemed knowledgeable and seemed to give a monkeys that you had the right animal, set up, advice etc. (much like 888reps)

I have seen quite a few classifieds on here and i'll wait for a Royal Python to become available locally. I would rather buy from people on here as the snakes look healthy and well cared for AND are in most cases substantially cheaper........what better place really.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those of you who have replied :), ill keep an eye out on here then :) sounds like the best idea.

Dan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about Cotswold Reptile Centre - The UK's Premier Reptile Centre they're in Cheltenham.

I don't know what the shop is like as it's a bit too far from me but it might be worth a look.
Hi :), yeah i had a look at that site, however it seems to me as though they only sell adults? I really want a babby :D lol.

I may be wrong though?

(also my head is kind of swinging towards getting a Royal / Ball Python if that helps ?)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi Danno where abouts do you actually live in gloucestershire?
steve

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Hi we have some baby corns hatched over the last 3 wks.. we are going to wales end of nxt month for a wedding could deliver then.

Liz

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hi all, new here, thinking about getting a snake, whether it be a Corn, a Milk or a Ball Python, only thing holding me back is i dont know where to buy one from (no shops / breeders in my area (that i know of)) would really appreciate it if you could help me out on where abouts a good place to buy one from is :), i live in Cheltenham / Gloucester :).

Thanks all, help is much appreciated.
Dan.

EDIT : Would be willing to travel a little way :). (also sorry if this is the wrong section)
Yay, more rep keepers in Gloucester! We got our Royal last year from Reptile Zone in Bristol. To be honest though I think your best bet is the classifieds on here. We have got 6 of our 8 snakes from people on here! Just be warned, I told my other half we could only get 1 snake :lol2:

Jo

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
cotswold reptiles do sell hatchlings as well as bigger snakes and some of the staff are really helpfull - one guy who works only on sundays - Ryan is sound

There is also a place called rainforest reptiles in newent which is really good and has a good selection of animals and other producs - google it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Danno where abouts do you actually live in gloucestershire?
steve
Gloucester mate :)

Yay, more rep keepers in Gloucester! We got our Royal last year from Reptile Zone in Bristol. To be honest though I think your best bet is the classifieds on here. We have got 6 of our 8 snakes from people on here! Just be warned, I told my other half we could only get 1 snake :lol2:

Jo
Haha yeahhhh :D
cotswold reptiles do sell hatchlings as well as bigger snakes and some of the staff are really helpfull - one guy who works only on sundays - Ryan is sound

There is also a place called rainforest reptiles in newent which is really good and has a good selection of animals and other producs - google it
Ah right, thanks for that mate, they must not update their website very often then heh XD, ill have to go upand check that out :)

Thanks alot once again :)

Dan.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
im in gloucester myself! firstly i would seriously recommended not a baby royal, they are very fininnky snakes so buy an adult for your first, i learnt my lesson on that one!
there a number for baby corns in hardwicke i can give you?
cotswold do do baby snakes but are a lot pricier than a breeder. i learnt my lesson on that one too!
do have a look in the classifieds aswell though , i got my 06 royal with viv and all equipment for £100 in the classifieds!
pm me if you want any more help as im close by and always on the prowl for snakes locally!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts