Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My girlfriend has just bout me my first fishtank:) its a 27ltr superfish aquarium - i would like to add a heater etc for some tropical fish and really like clowns...would they be ok in this kindof tank and what would be nice other fish to house with him...??

Any advice/help well received!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
if you mean clown loach, the no

if you mean nemo, then its marine and still no, sorry its just too small, get a betta/fighting fish instead

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Hi
Yep, as Tubbs says:( Clown Loach can reach 12-16 inches and need to be kept in groups, so require a very large tank.
Clown fish aka Nemo = salt water, doable in a nano tank, but even experienced fish keepers can run into trouble with small marine set-ups.

As for other fish, a 27ltr is just about 6 uk gallons so you'll need to stock wisely. A shoal of smaller fish like tetras or rasboras can look nice. A male betta does make a bit of a centre piece, but you have to be careful with tankmates in a 6 gallon. I know people who have kept a single male betta with Rasboras, shrimp and dwarf frogs but a lot depends on the teperament of the individual betta.

I'd have a walk round a local fish shop, and see what takes your fancy:2thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts