Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol cheeky git. i did actually mow the lawn the day after and was guna get him out for some more " trimmed" pics but he went into shed.

i will have more, dont worry :Na_Na_Na_Na:

jelous i recon:gasp: hehe

cheers
josh

edited to say....i was going for a "marshy" feel :D

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

diamond x jungle x coastal carpet python i know shes an intergred but shes great.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have been looking at these for a while since they look like lovely snakes. I am due my first paycheck from new job and this could be a nice way to blow it. Anything other than whats on the caresheets to bear in mind when picking one up?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have been looking at these for a while since they look like lovely snakes. I am due my first paycheck from new job and this could be a nice way to blow it. Anything other than whats on the caresheets to bear in mind when picking one up?
Ummm they are great...... lol
make sure if you get a baby they are eating well shedding pooping ect, give them things to climb on, get one thats active, not constantly in the water bowl, as it could be a sign of dehydration and/or mites, also check their muscle tone.... so if you hold their tail they should be able to climb or hold them selves up to go up your arm (if that makes sense : victory:

Also look out for signs of neurological probs if you chose a jag, as its quite common, they will 'Star gaze' (look up at the sky an look a bit spaced out) they sometimes wont be able to hold their neck an head weight to climb up, and may have a head wobble or turn their head to the side or upside down

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
im new new to carpets (got my frist on friday:lol2:) this is my caramel coastal:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ummm they are great...... lol
make sure if you get a baby they are eating well shedding pooping ect, give them things to climb on, get one thats active, not constantly in the water bowl, as it could be a sign of dehydration and/or mites, also check their muscle tone.... so if you hold their tail they should be able to climb or hold them selves up to go up your arm (if that makes sense : victory:

Also look out for signs of neurological probs if you chose a jag, as its quite common, they will 'Star gaze' (look up at the sky an look a bit spaced out) they sometimes wont be able to hold their neck an head weight to climb up, and may have a head wobble or turn their head to the side or upside down
my big coastal wobbles every now and again when hes concentrating on his prey so dont be too worried if they look a bit clumsy sometimes, especially if they are bigger coz they tend to be a bit stupid sometimes...well mine does anyway lol

basking temp of 91of and cool end of about 10o less

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.