Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been in progress for a while but now at a stage he can move in.

Its 4ftW X 2ftD X 3ftH, Using a 250w ceramic on stat, just a small 15w pygmy bulb for lighting. Log very expensive, but branches fairly cheap from camzoo. Seem to be getting good temps with the 250w but may treat him to a AHS heater in the future.

Still have a few things to ad, maybe a decent 3D background and quite a bit of greenery, but will come in time.

Ignore the cable wrapped round branch using a temp sensor to monitor temps over last day or so before moving him in just not took it out yet.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice, do you stick your logs on because i may be geetin a jcp and dont know how to put the sturdy branches on without him eating glue/silicone
No mate I have used brackets and screws on one end of each branch and screws with another type of bracket through the vents, just to make it secure as possible.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
gr8 snake,looks more like a jungle 2 me,its a beaut,hows the ij??started feedin yet?: victory:

S

·
0 Posts
Looking great Simon .I use plastic ivory in my show vivs as you know, its good stuff very easy to clean and looks superb, also its only £5 a shot from Range .Im glad hes gone to you mate hes looking well nice in there

Steve

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
cool viv i like the branches he looks like hes enjoying them. beautiful carpet python.
xsachax

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gr8 snake,looks more like a jungle 2 me,its a beaut,hows the ij??started feedin yet?: victory:
few have said he is something different but sold to me as a banded coastal, either way he is one of the best snakes I have had.:smile:

As for the IJ still being a pain mate, I have got her taking fresh kill now and again, just not regular.

·
Registered
71 Posts
been in progress for a while but now at a stage he can move in.

Its 4ftW X 2ftD X 3ftH, Using a 250w ceramic on stat, just a small 15w pygmy bulb for lighting. Log very expensive, but branches fairly cheap from camzoo. Seem to be getting good temps with the 250w but may treat him to a AHS heater in the future.

Still have a few things to ad, maybe a decent 3D background and quite a bit of greenery, but will come in time.

Ignore the cable wrapped round branch using a temp sensor to monitor temps over last day or so before moving him in just not took it out yet.

:lol2: looks really bland to me, a bit like keeping an animal in prison. does the snake have to tolerate this habitat all day?? surely not:grin1:

how boring:shock:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
:lol2: looks really bland to me, a bit like keeping an animal in prison. does the snake have to tolerate this habitat all day?? surely not:grin1:

A bit boring like your posts Rob and do your torts stay in that small tort table all the time all 4 of them.:smile:

Are you not lost thought you was only here to post rubbish in tort area or can I talk you into buying a snake I have a fair few available for sale and they don't get stressed by glass.;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
A bit boring like your posts Rob and do your torts stay in that small tort table all the time all 4 of them.:smile:

Are you not lost thought you was only here to post rubbish in tort area or can I talk you into buying a snake I have a fair few available for sale and they don't get stressed by glass.;)

lol, my torts have an amazing huge garden to explore, they only live in the table during cold spells and during nightfall.

c'mon Fazer look at the rubbish you post on the tort section:lol2:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
peps hand bags away lets keep it constructive and if you have arguments then pm each other and get it sorted

ANY WAY
nice to see carpet in a large viv alot of peps dont relize how much space these guys need i would put a few more brances or a shelf in there

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

looks okay to me. Could do with some leaves and stuff to make it feel more cosey.

Shot; Why don't you try making some constructive comments instead of just trying to belittle people you bell end!!!!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Lovely snake, and the enclosure aint half bad either!

Just a tip though, if you switch the pigmy bulb for an energy saving one 9/11 watt's then it will give out more light which also looks more natural and soft, but with less wattage so less of a heating effect (not that 15w will have much of an effect in a huge enclosure)

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the suggestions, as stated in my first post I still have things to sort in it, background and greenery is the main bits. But the shelf is a good idea as well I think, so will sort that tomorrow.:smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts