Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Norwegian friend told me about this newspaper headline where a guy was killed by his pet cobra. Predictably, the press doesn't identify it as anything other than "Cobra".

Anyway, just hoping someone here could identify it :)

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Just done a Google search & it could possibly be a Black Spitting Cobra :whistling2:. There are so many "Black phase" Cobra's it could be any one of them :2thumb:.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just done a Google search & it could possibly be a Black Spitting Cobra :whistling2:. There are so many "Black phase" Cobra's it could be any one of them :2thumb:.

Well it apparently BIT the dude on the leg, so does that make it less likely to be a spitter?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
what was the guy doing, taking it for a walk on a leash? that should've never been allowed to happen. without wanting to be horrible, this sounds like a nomination for the Darwin awards.
poor snake...most likely put down for that.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I totally agree mate. The incident apparently took place in Thailand, where the keeping of reptiles is illegal. The fact that they are unable to identify which species of Cobra it is suggests to me that a reptile expert was not consulted. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that they simply "whacked" the poor thing and disposed of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.