·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Aw bless :lol2:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is VERY cool. What a gorgeous looking snake. Rear-fanged venemous?
They are all very pretty. Sadly one which had very unusual markings died a few weeks after getting it.

Nope, there's nothing online to say so, and I've heard of other keepers being bitten with no bad effects. Mine never bite or even strike, they do their cobra thaaang! :2thumb:
To be honest, I'd be suprised if they even drew blood!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I really like that. Whats their common name? I'm not up on my latin.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they are leaf-nosed snakes :2thumb:
This is the biggest problem with common names, many species have similar if not the same names...

Lytorhynchus diadema are normally referred to as Awl Headed Snakes.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
loving these anthony!! you should post the ones of you and the little guy that are on your facebook <3. Cute little snakes

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is this as big as it gets? I'm looking into ickle snakes that won't be overwhelming for a child. My daughter is 8 but dinky so wanted something that would slide over her hands and fingers, if you see what I mean.

Any advice?

Blessed Be /|\

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forgot to say,

So so cute.

Blessed Be /|\

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this as big as it gets? I'm looking into ickle snakes that won't be overwhelming for a child. My daughter is 8 but dinky so wanted something that would slide over her hands and fingers, if you see what I mean.

Any advice?

Blessed Be /|\

They do indeed remain dinky. Adults get to about 30cm normally, so perfect for a small desert vivarium.
They are however not ideal for handling... They hiss and puff and musk when you handle them. Getting them to feed can also be a pain in the backside. Garter snakes may be a better alternative, especially a small male. You shouldn't ever have feeding difficulties with Garters, but again handling may be a problem, but through time they can and will get used to it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That looks awesome, great pics mate :2thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts