Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. I learned about bioactive vivariums after getting back into the hobby and already having set up my crested gecko. I've been slowly converting her habitat into a bioactive setup - so far I have a nice steady population of springtails running around and I've got some plants ready to go in.

Now, I threw away the standard Exo-Terra foam background (does anyone actually keep those things?) and I'm wanting to put a coco fiber background in for a ficus pumila to climb up and give my crestie something to climb and rummage around in. She does so love to rustle leaves. Problem is, everything I'm seeing online suggests the way to stick a coco fiber background in is to do it in an empty viv. Is there a way to fit it into the viv without having to move her temporarily into something smaller and start over completely?

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have been looking at making my own bioactive viv and have read loads about attaching the coir background form silicone to gorilla glue. also super glue as mine will be empty i will probs go with silicone as i have time to let it cure.

i use superglue in my aquarium to attach plants to wood and rocks as its safe once it drys, i have read gorilla glue super glue can be used under water so maybe look at using that

1 - 2 of 2 Posts