Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my banded male Cole, in a right strop this morn cuz I had to move him!!! I used to think he loved me, after his lil temper tantrum this morn I ent so sure!! haha

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, rather you than me

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No hun not really....Cole is actually the dope of my older ones, but I had to wake him up and made him jump, so he had a hissy fit, he dint strike or nothing, just warned me off this way.

I only have 2 real stroppy ones, 1 being Kaine but we have just got him at 3 yrs old and not sure what hes been thru but he hates my other half with a vengeance, and ashen who is 9 months old, and was in a state when we got him, but is starting to chill now.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
i did the same mistake with bernie the other day, gave me a little hiss, so called him a sailor and left him for half hour and then handled him :lol:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My Syphon's a complete darling and has only hissed once - moved her to change her water and didn't realise she was blue.

When I got Savvy I was warned that she'd not been handled much as she was a bit mean and bitey... so when she hissed the first time I went near her I panicked and left her until the next day. When she hissed the next day too I decided that she wasn't going to boss me, so fetched gloves and picked her up anyway. She was fine, just a little twitchy and nervous. She's never (yet) struck at me, and only hisses very rarely now.

Like any animal they just have to learn that you're not a threat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts