basking spot light and heat mat on a stat to give a twmp of just over 31'c
bark log for higher basking level
hides at both ends and newspaper floor

is this ok

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
large viv how larger becuase i can get hold of a 4x2x2 viv ive got plenty of hides plants, heating geting uv tomurrow but that viv size is it ok

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
samroyal2 said:
large viv how larger becuase i can get hold of a 4x2x2 viv ive got plenty of hides plants, heating geting uv tomurrow but that viv size is it ok

yeah thats plenty big enough. mine was in a 3x2x2 and had loads of space, make sure you have a nice hot basking area as they love it

They have an excellent personality too, mine used to love jumping from shoulder to shoulder of people :D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh they do had my eye on it for a while the shop let me get it out and it sat happly in my hand started going to slep then run and sat on my sholder and didn't want to go back in the viv

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have to say I disagree with those temps a little, the basking temp says 90 to 104, but I have mine at 105 to 120 with the rest of the tank on a thermostat at 88 degrees (which works out at about 30) , any cooler and I found they slow right down, instead of being their usual busy selves.

A 4 ft viv is great, make sure they have plenty of open space cos they run around like maniacs most of the day. They also dig a lot so be careful that any heavy decor is rooted firmly to the floor, and have fun they're ace pets, we've got quite a few brumating at the mo, hopefully will be breeding in the spring but in the meantime, I really miss them, they're like busy little gerbils on a mad one most of the time, definitely the most entertaining pets we own

All the best with them!!
Kelly

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
sorry, that sounds like I meant what CCMan said.......his are just fine, the ones on the care sheet I meant, but yeah you got it all perfect by the sounds of it, I use sand as substrate much to other people's dismay but its never caused me any grief, so should be ok if you choose to use it, as long as it isnt a teeny tiny hatchling under 6 months or about 8 inches

1 - 8 of 8 Posts