Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me any advice...

My female collared has not eaten for a few days and i'm getting worried. had her for a while and nothing has changed in the enclosure...

Thank you

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought about that and possibly shedding but she looks as bright as ever. she has hardly any energy too... i've tried all sorts of different foods

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
How old is she? Is she housed with any males? How are the other Collareds as I notice you have 3.. Could she be Gravid? Most lizards go off their food when they are going to lay.

Liz

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'n not sure how old she is... ther is one male in the tank and another female. the other two are fine. don't think she is gravid, looks too thin for that...

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
is she the smallest in the viv? could be dominance from the tank mates?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
no. the other female is smaller

i noticed you are after a female beardie.... me too:lol2:
hopefully getting 2 next week from st helens, there my xmas pressie of the girlfriend, cant wait :flrt:

citrus/sunglo

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have recently found out that my 2 males are giant beardies. i found this out because my local shop has some normal beardies that are 3 months old and they are still quite small, about 7-9" in length. mine are about 11 weeks and already 14" +... they are big boys ...lol

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
and they will just get bigger :lol2:

so are you looking for a geman giant female then?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and they will just get bigger :lol2:

so are you looking for a geman giant female then?

yes but they are not easy to find... well, not down this way... :lol2:

my local shop has some blood red beardies. very cute

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
this time of year confuses lizards and snakes.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My male collared has gone off food aswell. He has plenty of energy though. Still jumps around most of the day.

Mine has been off for a few days now.

Do people think it would be a good idea if i gave her a seperate tank til she feels better and is eating???

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Mine has been off for a few weeks now. Still being active though, a tiny bit more sleepier but thats it.
Was going to make a thread today but I saw yours and will wait for the advice they give you :)

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
My real advice would be to pm kellybee.. she knows more about collareds than most.. She will be able to tell you if it is down to cooling or something else.

Liz

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My real advice would be to pm kellybee.. she knows more about collareds than most.. She will be able to tell you if it is down to cooling or something else.

Liz

i'll try that. thank you

1 - 20 of 27 Posts