Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What one would you say is the best family of snakes and why :D

Not saying that any of these are better then one or the other, just thought it would be interesting to see what people like and prefer :)

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Colubridae - I like a more active snake and also think the group has such variety in it that almost everyone can find something they love. I prefer the large colubrids really despite my hoggy obsession!) like the pituophis and drymarchons

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
pythonidae- they have snakes of all types in this fam, small, fat, large u name it also they have a snake for all experiance levels. :lol: ther great :wink:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Colubridae - I love the feistyness of them, especially Ratsnakes :lol: Plus they dont get all big n fat like boas and pythons so are easier to handle on your own. Also like an active snake, even though I have 3 royals...:?

Lol, but Colubrids all the way! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
i agree with davebehave. something for everyone in the python family

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
scarlettvegetable said:
Colubridae - I love the feistyness of them, especially Ratsnakes :lol: Plus they dont get all big n fat like boas and pythons so are easier to handle on your own. Also like an active snake, even though I have 3 royals...:?

Lol, but Colubrids all the way! :lol: :lol:
Yep you're right there spotted pythons and rosy boas are such a handful and should only be handled with at least 14 other people in the room in case of trouble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colubrids suck, Boas and Pythons are the new rock and roll :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Each to their own

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I keep colubrid's,boa's and pythons of all sizes and gotta say,it's boids all the way for me!!! If it wasn't for the mrs,all the rat snakes would make way for more of em! LOL

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
barrym said:
I keep colubrid's,boa's and pythons of all sizes and gotta say,it's boids all the way for me!!! If it wasn't for the mrs,all the rat snakes would make way for more of em! LOL
When your wife's packing her bags drop me a pm with your Rat Snakes for rehoming. :lol:
Graham.

·
Registered
525 Posts
pythonidae for me :D
The bigger the better!!
Something about giant snakes that is fascinating and the power demands respect.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
preferences

I prefer colubrids, I have 12 different varieties at the mo, although theres always room for more LOL , tho i also have 3 ball pythons

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
would have to say boids firstly.

i like the look of pythons when i see them in the shop but with them being easily stressed it puts me off them, not to mention all the storys of fussy feeding!

·
Registered
475 Posts
oops

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's a toss up between colubridae and boidae.

I don't own any boas but my boyfriend has several. I like them because they can be slow and calm and they are so many different sizes, from dumerils and commons to rosys and dwarfs.

But I own colubrids and love them to bits. My Cali king is the softest snake I know! Kings are so active, never staying still when you hold them, just weaving in and out of your fingers. And I love it when they burrow and then re-appear with substrate on their heads. Such comical snakes :lol: And my corns are so easy to keep yet fun too. My youngest corn even feeds when in a shed and strikes and constricts his pinkies :lol: He always makes me chuckle.

But, thinking about it colubridae wins, just.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts