Reptile Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh I see a cribo is a colubrid. I was very vague when I started this post wasn't I .... I'm still new at this
hey I know I’m late to the convo. For mandarin rat snake soil is ok because they can handle higher humidity but corn snake is an arid species. If you are home you could do light spray of cool water to bring down over all temp. If your over head light is on thermostat it will regulate the the hot side from there. As a general rule of thumb if Temps get over 80 Fahrenheit you should turn off all heat. If you can’t be there to spray through the day I’ve found that computer fans wired to an outlet plug work great. Also reptitemp digital thermostat works great it has heating and cooling function. If temps are getting over 100 Fahrenheit for a prolonged time a misting system on low intervals may be your best option. I would continue to use an arid substrate such as aspen so it easily dies out between intervals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hey I know I’m late to the convo. For mandarin rat snake soil is ok because they can handle higher humidity but corn snake is an arid species. If you are home you could do light spray of cool water to bring down over all temp. If your over head light is on thermostat it will regulate the the hot side from there. As a general rule of thumb if Temps get over 80 Fahrenheit you should turn off all heat. If you can’t be there to spray through the day I’ve found that computer fans wired to an outlet plug work great. Also reptitemp digital thermostat works great it has heating and cooling function. If temps are getting over 100 Fahrenheit for a prolonged time a misting system on low intervals may be your best option. I would continue to use an arid substrate such as aspen so it easily dies out between intervals.
Ok this is helpful. They do not need any extra heat during the day. The highest temp at late afternoon gets to 85 then tapers down to 78 by midnight. The coolest it's getting is about 76. But it doesn't stay that cool for longer than maybe an hour. I think in the early morning hours it stays at 77 for a couple hours. This all seem good for them at the moment. They're all eating. Other than that they're just staying in their hides. They aren't moving from one hide to the other I guess because they don't have to.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts