Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... i have a wee bit of a problem i hope. Was in a reptile store to day in Carrick , N. Ireland nice wee shop, well to cut things short, the owner was of sick so his wife there for the day... and i spyed 2 young columbian boas ,nothing would do me i had to have 1, but the only prob was he was he was selling them as a pair, asked how much.. £100 for the 2 which i thought was a fair deal so i bought them, the only prob with them was they where going through a bad shed so the humidity was wrong in the viv. Now 1 of them isnt to bad but the other one is losing it skin in patches, but its eyes seem to be very cloudy still ,would that be retained eye caps. I know they need high humidity they are in there vivs already and the humidity gauge is up at 80, should i soak them in the bath are just let them settle in first.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd put humid hides in the vivs to start with. I'm guessing they're both quite small so ventilated lunchbox-type containers with an entrance hole cut in the side and 1/3 filled with damp sphagnum moss should help.

If the eye caps are retained then they may eventually need to be removed manually, but better to let the snakes have a go themselves first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd put humid hides in the vivs to start with. I'm guessing they're both quite small so ventilated lunchbox-type containers with an entrance hole cut in the side and 1/3 filled with damp sphagnum moss should help.

If the eye caps are retained then they may eventually need to be removed manually, but better to let the snakes have a go themselves first.
Thx MARK67123

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i know the feeling ur goin through...me 2 equadorians are jus bein useless at the moment bout it all...ough well, lets hope they learn too shed properly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts