Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was clearing a friends garden and saw one yesterday, i finished the work today and manage to find it in his pond i got a photo of it inside a cricket tub ^^ its weird, the colour is sort of a muddy brown (much darker than a standard frog) with an almost crimson stripes and some red belly specks. i'll upload soon

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
It's quite common, when I was a child I saw one that was so red it resembled a tomato frog!

2 years ago I found quite a red one when I went to Wales. Not as red as some I've seen, but a handsome chappy none the less :2thumb:

Blurry but it shows the colour better

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Yeah, it is quite common in a wide variety of frog families; I had a brick-red cane toad in Brazil, many years ago. It's called 'Erythrism'.

Approximately once a year, one of the trashy daily papers features a picture of a red frog, usually with some comment in the order of "Scientists are baffled". If these 'scientists' had any concept of genetics, they wouldn't be baffled, of course...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could of been an environmental scientist... (no offence to any environmenal scientists out there you do a good job)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts