Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I havnt been around these forums for long, but I really could do with some advice. My male beardy, just over a year old has been on T REX Sani-chips for the past year (since I had him), he has always been fine on them, but for the past couple of weeks he's got fatter, more lazy. Could this be that he's just a bit over weight? Does anyone know the correct weight range for a fully grown male? I have now put him on kitchen roll, to reduce any risk of impaction, but I am just worried as he hasn't pooed for a few days. He has recently gone off crickets but loves Locusts and Meal worms. What are the signs of impaction other than the obvious? I have heard that it's a good idea to give them a warm bath with some olive oil in to get things moving, is this ok? Should I get a vet to do a scan? I'm sorry to go on but he's my baby and I'm stressing! :cry:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
definetly give him a bath, see if that works, also excersise helps them [and everyone and thing i think] go to the loo so maybe let him have a run around.

If he still doesnt go and it is very abnormal for him to not go for so long then a vet would prolly be a good idea.

Good luck
Dean

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
mine didnt poo for a week. but more regular now. keep him monitored, if in doubt give the vet a shout. Seems normal for BD to slow down at this time of year.

·
Registered
323 Posts

my two have really slowed down on the criks aswell at the moment and a lot more lazy i just think its that time of year.any way good luck hope there ok

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
mine slowed right down for about two weeks, then she did a massive poo yesterday and has now got the appetite of a........
....well, a baby beardy! :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks for your replys everyone, he finally went to the loo this morning-and it was sooo smelly, not what I wanted to be doing first thing on a Sunday morning, cleaning up beardy poo!
Anyway, he seems like a completly differant lizard now, infact he's full of it!
Thanks again for the replys.
Luce.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, thanks for your replys everyone, he finally went to the loo this morning-and it was sooo smelly, not what I wanted to be doing first thing on a Sunday morning, cleaning up beardy poo!
Anyway, he seems like a completly differant lizard now, infact he's full of it!
Thanks again for the replys.
Luce.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts