Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 4'x3'x21" viv what species can live happilly with green anoles with the same heat, humidity etc. in a viv that size?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I dont think you could put anything else in. Its not really a good idea to mix species :lol:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
u can actually, white tree frogs live well with anoles. i think its white ones, u might wanna check up on that.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i saw whites and anoles together.

There was one aquarium near portsmouth that had anoles and some variety of Phelsuma geckos.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
no don't put whites in with them, they'll eat the anoles :?
you can put brown anoles, long tailed lizards and usa green tree frogs in with them tho.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
thats what it was then, green ones. thats why i said it was best to check up.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol yeah he would have had a shock

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
basky said:
no don't put whites in with them, they'll eat the anoles :?
you can put brown anoles, long tailed lizards and usa green tree frogs in with them tho.
Yep that's right. Make sure there all roughly the same size, so there isn't any bullying etc
The whites will eat them lol
I have actualy a green anole with a longtail. It worked quite well :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i can't believe someone has seen a shop with them together (white and anoles). mind you i saw yemen chams in with anoles once but don't try this!!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
think im gonna put in some long tailed lizards and some green tree frogs
heres some pics of my viv it took me and my uncle about 8 hours to build it and its still not finished lol still needs vents and uv lighting, the smell of varnish to go and some other stuff

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
thats nice, bout same size as mine. what wood have you made it out off? you ought to put a devils ivy plant in there cause it'll grow around the viv and looks ace.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the front frame is pine the back and sides are plywood and the top and bottom are conti board the pine and the plywood are varnished
i think i might put some plants in if you have vines grown all over the viv what do you do about cleaning it out ?
and whats you usa tree frog like, im thinking about getting one to go with my green anoles i saw them in a shop near me i really like them

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
with the vines, when they get dirty i spray water on them and wipe them clean with kitchen roll.
as for the tree frogs, they're ace. if you have a few they croak to each other and meet up at night by the pool (awhhhhhhhhhh). very cute

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the one i saw was very cool, devils ivy is pothos right?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah thats the one. it looks ace once its covered the walls and wood. fills the viv up well. peace lillys do well too.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool thanks how long does it take to grow all over the viv?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
it depends. the one with my water dragon seemed to grow over night but i've recently moved house so had to pull it all out :cry: and since then it isn't doing to well. i put one in with my anoles a few months ago and its only just starting to grow over the walls.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh dear. you know in your anole viv were is your uv light?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts