Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete disrespect for a man who loved animals and actualy tried making a difference. Sadly I never met the man but obviously he was a hugely respected man among the people who knew him and knew of him. Well I've just stumbled across this terrible attempt of a cheap laugh.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
ridiculous!

Reactions: spinnin_tom

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Since when is the death of any human being funny?

These people are complete morons.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
anyone making a complaint?

Reactions: spinnin_tom

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
That's really not on :devil::devil::devil: That papers so low I'd not even use it to wipr my bottom :bash:if I ran out of loo roll of course.

·
Registered
785 Posts
anyone making a complaint?
I don't know if that would make a difference. The Sun regularly spews out outragious material with less respect than Charlie Sheen on Christmas (as do others) so i think the number of complaints would have to be large. However, like Molly75 said, it's not on, so it may be worth a go. I will be writing a strongly worded email.:devil:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
It appears to be Jeremy Clarkson that has written this. I just sent him an email.

I'm pretty disgusted with him over this. I'm normally a big fan, but he's completely overstepped the mark this time. Comments like that illustrate a complete lack of human decency. If he stopped for one second to think how Luke's family and friends were feeling, maybe the moronic part of his brain wouldn't be allowed to take over.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
I'm pretty disgusted with him over this. I'm normally a big fan, but he's completely overstepped the mark this time.
If you're normally a big fan you'll be completely familiar with the type of humour that Jezza touts. It's not over the line when it's xenophobic, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise totally outrageous, until it's about someone you "know" and a cause you care about?

P.S: I'm a big fan of Clarkson, I met Luke, I'm indifferent to this "joke".

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson is and has always been a [snip] , So are the rest of the top gear crew and viewers TBH ,at least I don't feel bad about making jokes about that hamster when he crashed and got brain damage (not that it noticed) now.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
the guy who ran the king cobra sanctuary died because he didn't have proper procedures in place... he messed up... got nailed and died...

my words of warning were prophetic...

"someone's going to get bitten one day...

that bare handling... just a matter of time"...:whistling2:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snake-pictures/698777-king-cobra-sanctuary-sat-night.html

it's a terrible loss... a terrible thing...

but seriously... bare handling of king cobras is a risk professionals don't take...

most zoos have kings... how many zoo keepers die a year?

this post will likely get censored... removed...

it's just a sad thing that happened to the man... but preventable...

are the details out yet?... what went wrong? why did he get nailed and what could have been done to prevent this kind of tragedy?

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
the guy who ran the king cobra sanctuary died because he didn't have proper procedures in place... he messed up... got nailed and died...

my words of warning were prophetic...

"someone's going to get bitten one day...

that bare handling... just a matter of time"...:whistling2:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snake-pictures/698777-king-cobra-sanctuary-sat-night.html

it's a terrible loss... a terrible thing...

but seriously... bare handling of king cobras is a risk professionals don't take...

most zoos have kings... how many zoo keepers die a year?

this post will likely get censored... removed...

it's just a sad thing that happened to the man... but preventable...

are the details out yet?... what went wrong? why did he get nailed and what could have been done to prevent this kind of tragedy?

I must admit that this was my initial thoughts on the situation as well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I watched a clip of him on youtube lastt night and it was an accident waiting to happen.

Now im not an expert but anyone can see that he took great risks. He even had the snake out loose while other people were in the room ( they were spectators not staff)

Im not saying he deserved what happened (far from it) its a tragedy but surely could have been prevented had he exercised more caution.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
If you're normally a big fan you'll be completely familiar with the type of humour that Jezza touts. It's not over the line when it's xenophobic, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise totally outrageous, until it's about someone you "know" and a cause you care about?

P.S: I'm a big fan of Clarkson, I met Luke, I'm indifferent to this "joke".
This.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I watched a clip of him on youtube lastt night and it was an accident waiting to happen.

Now im not an expert but anyone can see that he took great risks. He even had the snake out loose while other people were in the room ( they were spectators not staff)

Im not saying he deserved what happened (far from it) its a tragedy but surely could have been prevented had he exercised more caution.
luke was afreind of mine and im sure his family do not want to see this at the moment.he was an expert with venomous snakes going right back,so please show some respect.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Im sorry i didnt mean to offend.

Im full of sympathy for his family and friends and full of respect for the work he was doing, i do however stand by my opinion that it could possibly have been prevented.

The footage i saw on youtube shocked me actually.

Ive got another comment but will save it for a more appropriate time.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Thing I find is it's very easy for people who have never kept or don't work with them on a regular basis to critise.

I'm not saying people are wrong but this is one of those occasions where I would suggest people keep their opinions of it all to themselves, unless you are a king cobra keeper or have spent a lot of time around them? I have spent time around them but not kept them, hence I can't in any resonable way comment on anything to do with this (at least with any credibility). I think there are only a very small number of people on this forum who have infact...

That's my two cents anyway. We all know something obviously went wrong but I really don't see the merit of speculating on a forum, especially on such a serious event.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts