Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a male albino who is curently in with a normal female.....the babies will be het i know but is it 100% or 50% ?? i am not very good at the genetics !!!!

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Definitely 100% hets :smile:.
Indeed: victory:

A 50% het comes from breeding a normal with a 100% het - It has 50% chance of carrying the albino gene.

A 100% het comes from breeding a normal with a visual (in this case an albino). The babies are guaranteed to carry an albino gene.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
excellent i thought it would be 100% het but was not really that sure :lol2:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
well said:grin1:

Indeed: victory:

A 50% het comes from breeding a normal with a 100% het - It has 50% chance of carrying the albino gene.

A 100% het comes from breeding a normal with a visual (in this case an albino). The babies are guaranteed to carry an albino gene.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes please! as i do so miss my girl...really did not want het to go but need the space for my royal projects :lol2:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
i have a male albino who is curently in with a normal female.....the babies will be het i know but is it 100% or 50% ?? i am not very good at the genetics !!!!
Thought I would just add - Yep the young will be 100% het albino : victory:
If you breed 2 of the young together 25% should come out as albino and 75% normal. two thirds of the "normals" will also be het for albino but you wont know which ones unless you grow them on and test breed them.

Stephen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts